A sporadically-updated music collection blog. Send questions to twitter or email me.

Saturday 18 December 2010

Marmaduke Duke - Silhouettes

Ahhhh Marmaduke Duke. How I love you so. A side-project of the wonderful Biffy Clyro (you'll be seeing a lot more of them on this blog soon) and the "I still need to properly get into them" Sucioperro. Much, much more electronic than either of those two bands, bordering on being dance music, and yet still with that tinge of Scotland that delights me so. Their first album is great, it's loud and noisy and yeah, I adore it. The second album (source of this song) is a lot more tuneful and ear-friendly, but I still love it. This is a pretty good song, but it's a bit too short for me. It ends sort of abruptly, so you can't really play it alone without something following it (if that makes sense). This vinyl is slightly weird in that the A-side is a remix of it, which is okay for a remix, and then the B-side is the original song. It feels kind of backwards to me, but whatever. Time for pictures.


I really, really like this cover. It's sufficiently mad for this band and the sky in the background has PRETTY COLOURS. The opening is on the top as well, which I like for no real reason.


This is the vinyl. It's black, as those of you with functioning eyes have already noticed. I actually got this vinyl in a record shop in Leeds with my friend Steph, and I think it was about £3. It's ace.

No comments:

Post a Comment