A sporadically-updated music collection blog. Send questions to twitter or email me.

Saturday 11 December 2010

Bad Books self-titled

For those of you that don't know, Bad Books is a side-project of the incredible Manchester Orchestra (if you haven't listened to them, please do so right now) and the singer-songwriter Kevin Devine. It's awesome, and definitely deserves a listen. They put the album up for pre-order, which included 3 tracks to download instantly and a full download of the album about a month before the release date. It came to about £15 including delivery, with something very cool inside that you'll see shortly. I'm not entirely sure of the numbers it was pressed in because they increased the supply several times to match demand. Anyway, here it is.


I'm a really big fan of the artwork. It's simple and understated, but still looks really good. It changed just before the pre-order and I took a while to adjust to it but now I'm very glad it did.


This is the cool thing inside. It's a double-sided poster, one side of which is a weird hedgehog thing and the other is a rectangular version of the album art signed by the band. Very awesome, I'm thinking of framing it.


So this is the vinyl itself. It's a lovely, vibrant translucent red. I really like coloured 12" records, so this sits well with me.


Having previously said I wouldn't talk about a label again, here we are with another label picture. This is really cool. I think it's the logo for the label (Favourite Gentlemen) of a man in a tuxedo and trilby. His lack of a face is slightly unnerving, but he still looks badass.

Again, this is another album I love with some great artwork and pretty vinyl. Excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment