A sporadically-updated music collection blog. Send questions to twitter or email me.

Friday 24 December 2010

Frightened Rabbit - It's Christmas So We'll Stop

Well, it's Christmas Eve already so I felt it was only fitting to do a post about one of my favourite Christmas songs, that I happen to own on vinyl.

Frightened Rabbit are a band I adore. They're Scottish (yes), beardy (yes) and fill their songs with the kind of emotion you'd normally only hear if you were a psychiatrist (DING DING DING). That they aren't absolutely huge is astounding really. I'm fairly confident they will be soon, they write lovely jangly indie music with catchy choruses and Scott's heart flooding out of the lyrics. If they get a bit of widespread advertisement, their next album, their 4th, could generate the same rapid success as the 4th album of another notable Scottish band...

Anyway, time for the vinyl.


I like this cover an awful lot. It reminds me of Christmas jumpers, and as such it's a fairly fitting cover for a Christmas single. Like the Deadly Lethal Ninja Assassin cover, it's on matte cardboard instead of glossy. Again it really suits the artwork, making it almost look like an art print.


This is the vinyl, again another plain black one (I really need to find/buy some more coloured vinyl soon don't I?) that doesn't look particularly special. However, it's only got one song on it. No B-side. Which leaves a big blank side. They wouldn't just leave it blank, would they?


No, no they would not. Because they're amazing, the B-side is etched with a lovely pattern and the phrase "Gold! Frankincense! FR!". It was really hard to photograph, so apologies for the bad quality, but it looks so amazing in real life. Frightened Rabbit, I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment